Visual Encyclopedia

Writing

More posts about this topic

Ad

This video gives advice on choosing a book title, but it's applicable for short stories, poems, or anything other work. It's practical advice—not asking you to wait for a muse to strike you with a title—and dissects why it is that certain titles work.

Contributed by Tori Griffin

This video gives advice on how to stay motivated amid a sea of rejection letters. The anecdote about Stephen King is one I've heard many times before, but it is still one of my favorites.

This website makes any space sound like a coffee house! You know that perfect din, not too quiet, not too loud? This is it! It doesn't play on a loop; it sounds very real. And there are even different settings to choose from... morning coffee shop, lunchtime, or university cafe. Happy writing!

There are some great quotes in here.

I completely agree with this. Writing is an art, and everyone has a different process. There is no set of "rules" that can make you a good writer or make your work any better than it's going to be otherwise. If there were, we would have a lot more great writers in the world.

I completely agree with this. Writing is an art, and everyone has a different process. There is no set of "rules" that can make you a good writer or make your work any better than it's going to be otherwise. If there were, we would have a lot more great writers in the world.

This is so true, and for anyone who's done NaNoWriMo, you understand.

A Story Writing Itself

The most beautiful feeling in the world... when your characters seem to act of their own accord. When they surprise you.

Elegance!

It's amazing to know that people write this way!

Contributed by Josh Milligan

So true!

But only if you choose to use technology in that sense. The smartphone is a very powerful tool when used by smart users.

Contributed by Josh Milligan