Visual Encyclopedia

Volleyball

More posts about this topic

Ad

just to add to the last post......I was told another way to increase speed and vertical is to practice while wearing a weighted vest....I know this sounds horrible but if you do this especially before a game..... when you take the vest off you feel lighter move faster . the vest puts on extra weight so your muscles have to work harder and you grow stronger... But if you do this be careful!!! adding extra weight changes your balance so give yourself time to get used to it

Contributed by Sarah Minehart

1. Box Jumping: Stand facing the object and jump up with both feet, landing balanced on the surface. You don't even have to use a box, you can use a couch or a chair. (Just make sure it's sturdy) Try doing 3 sets of 30 everyday, or just come up with your own routine. Make sure to increase the height of the object so that your vertical can increase! 2. Jump Rope: This may sound like something a little kid can do, but it is one of the best exercises for increasing your vertical. Not only is jumping rope great for your vertical but it is great cardio as well. Take a jump rope and jump as fast as possible for 45 seconds- 1 minute.

Contributed by Mycah Meers

Volleyball can sometimes be a difficult sport to master. This video gives specific details and techniques that I personally found very helpful.

Contributed by Mycah Meers

Learn the correct transition from blocking to hitting outside!

Contributed by Gabrielle Ruiz

The awesomeness of VOLLEYBALL!

Contributed by Jontavious Ninjasauraus Bolston

It turns out that Volleyball was invented during 1895 by William G. Morgan. He was part of Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) and he combined elements from basketball, baseball, tennis, and handball to form a sport known as Volleyball. It was originally created for businessman who demanded a sport with less physical contact. I guess you have realized things have changed! Volleyball was added to the Olympics in 1964 (held in Tokyo, Japan) and Japan won Gold.

Contributed by Lazy Amos

Many sports are favored by a certain sex; football teams are dominated by men and cheerleaders are most often women, for example. Volleyball is one of those great sports that give males and females equal opportunity. It's difficult to say which gender dominates the volleyball court.

Contributed by Amanda Allen

Girl's Volleyball is a sport where girls can look both cute and aggressively competitive in the same moment. Girls can still have the girly vendetta (bows, high socks etc) and can still be considered a tough athlete and compete.

Contributed by Ashley Nicole