Visual Encyclopedia

Tattoo

More posts about this topic

This tattoo doesn't show up during the day.

Contributed by Shelby Peppers

This tattoo is so crazy

Cute couple tattoos

The best places to get tattoos

Believe. Stay true.

Music has been a large part of my life for many years, and I believe it will always continue to play a large roll in my life. Musical experiences helped shape the person I am today, and still influences me greatly, so it seemed like a fitting tattoo and justification for a permanent mark on my body. When deciding which shoulder to put it on, I found my self remembering marching band, and how we always step off with our left (because we're not from New Jersey.) So naturally, I decided to place my tattoo on the left side.

Contributed by Kendall Montie

When do we consider a child old enough for a tattoo? When a child crosses the threshold of becoming an adult at 18, they are free to choose how to mark their body as they please. However, before then, parents are given the ability to approve or disapprove of a young adult's pursuit of ink. Should we prevent young adults from making their own choices about their body? Are we teaching them that they can't handle their bodies by themselves? Yes there are still some developments to be made neurologically before a child turns eighteen, but are we to believe they don't understand the impact of a permanent mark on their body forever? Perhaps this makes a child more rebellious. Makes them want to do it more. At 18, break away and do what their parents have always prevented doing. This behavior of making children and young adults waits simply adds to the never-quenched thirst for rebellion and individuality.

Contributed by Kendall Montie

Want this but in a cross! So pretty :)

Contributed by Angela Loomis

What do you think of permanent tattoo makeup?

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Carpe Diem all day every day. On heckyeahwhiteinktattoos.tumblr

Contributed by Empriś Durden