Visual Encyclopedia

Spanish language

More posts about this topic

Ad

An extremely helpful wikihow article explaining at least 7 methods to help you roll your r's.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

20 funny Spanish memes :D

Haha. From vitamin-ha.com.

A humorous video in Spanish.

A stumbling block many people encounter when learning Spanish is the verb "gustar." Many get confused by the "me gusta"s and the "te gusta"s. It takes a lot of drilling to remember that you don't say "Yo gusto" or "Tu gustas." (By the way, to those of you who don't speak Spanish, "gustar" means "to be pleasing.") The key idea is that the Spanish language is based around what sounds pleasant, grammatically. To say "This city is enchanting to me" is much more poetic than saying "I love this city." However, in Spanish classes it is often taught that "gustar" is "to like," not "to be pleasing." The verb for love of an inanimate thing or idea (i.e. a city) is "encantar." But it does not mean "to love." Another common way that Spanish tends to be poetic is with reflexive verbs, or verbs that "you do to yourself." Relaxarse does mean "to relax," in one sense, but in its entirety it means "to relax oneself." The Spanish language is not nearly as complex as English, but it is by no means simple. These are just a few of the many ways in which Spanish is a poetic language.

Contributed by Gabriel SonofWaldo

A free, excellent Spanish to English and English to Spanish dictionary with verb conjugations and lessons as well.

Effective and short video for how to roll r's.

A good website for language learning, Spanish included.

A free website for writing journal entries in a second language. Native speakers will correct your mistakes.

Repeat "butter" or "ladder" over and over, for as long as it takes, daily, until you isolate the tongue placement and amount of vibrating needed to effectively roll your R's.