Visual Encyclopedia

Spanish language

More posts about this topic

Ad

Definition of language (n) Bing Dictionary lan·guage [ láng gwij ] communication with words: the human use of spoken or written words as a communication system speech of group: the speech of a country, region, or group of people, including its vocabulary, syntax, and grammar system of communication: a system of communication with its own set of conventions or special words Synonyms: linguistic, verbal, philological, dialectal, etymological, phonological, morphological, semantic, grammatical, syntactical

Contributed by Mary Arellano Garza

One thing that I have found with Spanish that helps me is reading books in Spanish that I enjoy in English. I've read them enough in English that I understand the story and such so when I'm reading in Spanish it is easier to pick up some words that I don't know by just looking at the context and knowing where in the story I am. For me it really helps with understanding things. (Also, reading out loud to yourself can help with pronunciation.)

Contributed by Tatyanna Johnson

This is a great site to start with learning Spanish (as well as branching into other languages as well) it has a great format and I find it really helpful.

Contributed by Tatyanna Johnson

I practice my Spanish pronunciation by writing journal entries to myself and then practicing them out loud.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

"Caminar" is the verb that means "to walk" in English.

"Correr" is the verb that means "to run" in English.

"Tratar" is the verb that means "to try" in English.

Interestingly enough, the Spanish form of vosotros (you all) is only used in Spain. I can't help but find that interesting.

Contributed by Samantha Kamman

Check out this video that explains how to say you like certain things.

"Hagan" is the present subjunctive form for ellos/ellas/Uds. (them). Espero que hagan postre. I hope that they make/are making dessert.