More posts about this topic

Ad

a blogpost about internet and social media

Contributed by Jessica Zhou

Who else watched the Oscars?!

Contributed by Megan O'Connor

Part Two of the below infographic. Entire one can be found at socialtimes.com

Contributed by Sammo Lea

A SocialTimes infographic that can help you decide whether social media sites have turned you a little psychopathic. socialtimes.com

Contributed by Sammo Lea

Social media has been helpful for many professions, especially authors. However, authors should be sure to avoid some critical errors, such as doing too much at once. Too often, I find myself annoyed at authors whose Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts include the same exact post at the same exact time. Post what's appropriate to each media, or choose one or two at most to focus efforts on. Don't spread yourself to thin, because when you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

Contributed by Sammo Lea

An everydayfeminism article about the pressures on adolescents to have perfect-looking social media pictures.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

An article comparing two social media management dashboards, TweetDeck and Hootsuite.

Use an editorial calendar using Google Drive or a simple Excel file and plan out your posts for 1-2 months. Then, copy the posts to a service like Hootsuite that allows you to schedule your posts in the future. That way, each day you're not scrambling to find something to post.

As a social media manager (intern), I suggest upgrading hootsuite (a free social media management program) to the 9.99 Pro version. With that version, you can see your follower analytics/metrics and upload multiple posts at once with the "bulk scheduler," among other features. I don't work for them, I just like saving time. If your boss is strapped for cash, just upgrade it four times a year and schedule your posts in quarters.

A website used to manage and post to multiple social media networks at once, in a dashboard-like format.