Visual Encyclopedia

Religion

More posts about this topic

Ad

Faith in humanity restored.

Contributed by Keri Potter

Religion is being faithful to your values, educating others as you see fit, but not imposing or judging. All beliefs require faith, as sure you are of yours, I am of mine. Let's be civil and hear each other out to be open minded, but NOT to hate, discriminate or cause war. I'm an atheist. :)

Contributed by Oscar Alvarado

More people are atheists than you would think.

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." ...Stephen F Roberts

It is in this way: Christianity has God, and God has three parts; these are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Hinduism had Brahman, who has three parts; Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Although the three aspects of Brahman and God serve different purposes, there is still the structure of one supreme god containing three parts.

Christianity is the only Abrahamic religion that is dualistic. This refers to there being strong focus on 2 entities, referring to Satan and God. On a side note, this is a great start to an argument against a Christian that insults Wicca, or some other polytheistic religion.

Some people who refer to themselves as being atheists are referring to the literal definition only, the portion "Doesn't believe in a supreme Being." Because of this, some atheists believe in an after life.

This kind of gave connections about somethings I didn't know felt related.

Contributed by Jose Bahena Jr.

It is just as real as Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, and the tooth fairy.

Contributed by Adrienne Feisel

is just a state of mind.

Contributed by Alexis Broyles