Visual Encyclopedia

Religion

More posts about this topic

Ad

I just want to say something, my religion is Shaman. We aren't "devil" worshippers; we worship our ancestors and the ones we loved and the people in our life who had passed away. I love to learn about God, Jesus, the Virgin Mary, etc but what I really hate is how missionary people ALWAYS try to convert me. Some actually RESPECT me saying no to them but others, ugh... They just keep coming. So just something to you all out there: please respect other's religion when they respect yours. Don't tell them that their religion is wrong and yours is right. We all have only ONE Creator in this world and He is very DIFFERENT to us in many DIFFERENT ways but He is still just ONE person.

Contributed by Mai Cee Moua

The Dalai Lama and The Pope

A Comparison in Funny Hats

Contributed by Kelsey Stewart

Does religion matter whether or not you should be saved or not? Why so?

Contributed by Greg Utumoe Mapu

Why I hate religion but love Jesus.

Contributed by Cheri Fowler

I don't mean to be offensive with this. I find the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to be an interesting parody of creationism. It's also known as Pastafarianism.

Contributed by Keri Potter

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (Romans 1:18-20 KJV)

Contributed by Alandria Freeman

The Roman Empire referred to Christians as "atheists" because they were not polytheistic.

A list of famous scientists who believe in God with brief descriptions of their beliefs. The list includes Albert Einstein, Nicholas Copernicus, and Galileo.

This is an example of America becoming more accepting and moving towards equality: a Congressman sworn in on something other than the Christian Bible. Obviously we still have our issues, but that a Congressman can be sworn in on the Constitution or the Koran and that a military person can be buried with a Wiccan pentacle indicates forward movement to me.

As with many religions the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (also known as Mormon or LDS) has many break offs similar to it. The most common one are the FLDS or Fundamentalists. In the beginning of the church after Joseph Smith (the prophet) was killed by an angry mob, there was a lot of contention and confusion over who should be the next prophet. While the majority agreed with who took over, several did not and broke off into their own religions. Just because religions may have similar beliefs or names do not mean they are all the same. For example the FLDS still practice polygamy the LDS or Mormons stopped that many many years ago. Do not judge before you really know your facts. This goes for all religions. If you want to know more ask; just don't assume.

Contributed by Cortney Twila Houston