Visual Encyclopedia

Pride and Prejudice

More posts about this topic

Ad

Laughing at Mr. Collins

Contributed by Alicia Kimberly Hauskins

"I certainly have not the talent which some people possess,' said Darcy, "of conversing easily with those I have never seen before. I cannot catch their tone of conversation, or appear interested in their concerns, as I often see done.” Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

“A girl likes to be crossed a little in love now and then. It is something to think of” Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

“For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?” Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.” ― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” Pride and Prejudice

"Mr. Darcy: Nothing is good enough for me. Ms. Elizabeth Bennet: I could never marry that proud man. (They change their minds.) THE END" -by Anu Lahtinen

Sparknotes for Reports and Essays.

Giant Fiberglass Statue of Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy in Serpentine Lake at Hyde Park in London.

The Iconic Dance Number.