Visual Encyclopedia

Poetry

More posts about this topic

Ad

I've been through alot walking down this narrow path It's been a hard journey into the unknown and a long rocky road But I refuse to stray away from where it leads Because I feel someday that path will bring me To a place where I deserve to be And that place is following the life I've desperately been without A life with your love without a doubt!!

Contributed by Miren Moragrega

Your life is empty bound by nightmare Dark world evolves you feel no end Peeking spiritual crystal window Card of fate, ace of swords, a fortune folds Crooked spine grows cold Black book has told Lifeless corpse behold! Dishonor the past, mortal time lapse Now look at yourself No reflection in the mirror Flameless candles burn Rivers of blood fills the soil distil Lifeless doll eyes hold still Beautiful suicide without a will Thoughtless last rites be told Rest in pieces, have mercy on your soul Death has now become Sleepless spirit is now risen Wings of black upon your back As you soar into the night

Salem witch trials 1698 Upheld constitution Your deadly mistake Black clothed man Execution day Town hall meeting Witness our fate Witchy brotheren Left them to hang Accused my sisters Your time to pay The arms of justice For whom the bell rang In Salem woods May your body decay Conjured spells You never wake Send you straight to hell Your soul to take

Your words meant nothing Although I remember every last one of them I spill myself to you and with a deaf ear you pretend to hear You resemble the very ones who fill your deepest lies And yet you carry on with a blank stare I call out to you with my deepest sorrow Watch what you do and where you go Life screams over and over you reap what you sow...

I'm just a small girl stuck in my own world Trying to figure out who am I Watching my life passing by I've got a heart of gold or so I been told How could you be so deceiving and cold? Trapped in a jar thrown in by you This rhythm of love feels distorted out of tune Found my way out broken glass Playing my own drum I'm free at last This beauty inside me I'm starting to learn This passionate fire will forever burn My love is strong as true I'll give it to someone more deserving than you!

I am left with no where to go no way to lead no tears to bleed my personal prison is my only way the pain I suffer in my lonely rage locked in a cage with debts unpaid crimes they could never find in all my days this is the life I know my lovely sacrifice still I wonder why I deserve to be so alone while the outside world seems to lose control with this thorn stuck in my spine I lose patience in a world I call mine grouling through pain I cannot stand I am the product of your selfish plan you ruin my life and left me be while yours is perfect, complete and free your allowed to torture without threat of a guilty plea now I'm haunted with the memories that you force onto me stuck on the edge of never the day I die I will hunt you forever

Sitting outside watching the lightening enlighten the night sky like a strobe followed by the calming thunder lullaby and the trickling rain drops makes you want to drum and open your mind's eye! Drown the night with a passionate resonance filling the air of bittersweet tones from your hearts sacred drum. Feel the energy awaken from deep inside as it rises through your flesh creating an aura of pins and needles on skin and bones, flowing through arms, fingers and spilling out rhythmic poetry. Through your own eye's you see fire tickling the sky mixed with a twist of stars dancing with shimmering light. Boom, tecka tecka, Boom rata tat tatt!...... Now close your eye's and let the sense of sight subside, follow the flow of the drum. Open up your being and release guttural beats, sending you to a different place that you seek to be completely free from the madness of society. Turn back, back to the realm of Great Spirit where nature comes to life and thrives, soaking up the eccentric percussive resonance flowing deep from within your beautiful soul creating a perfect union of emotion and compassion.

Give all to love; Obey thy heart; Friends, kindred, days, Estate, good-frame, Plans, credit and the Muse,— Nothing refuse. ’T is a brave master; Let it have scope: Follow it utterly, Hope beyond hope: High and more high It dives into noon, With wing unspent, Untold intent: But it is a god, Knows its own path And the outlets of the sky. It was never for the mean; It requireth courage stout. Souls above doubt, Valor unbending, It will reward,— They shall return More than they were, And ever ascending. Leave all for love; Yet, hear me, yet, One word more thy heart behoved, One pulse more of firm endeavor,— Keep thee to-day, To-morrow, forever, Free as an Arab Of thy beloved. Cling with life to the maid; But when the surprise, First vague shadow of surmise Flits across her bosom young, Of a joy apart from thee, Free be she, fancy-free; Nor thou detain her vesture’s hem, Nor the palest rose she flung From her summer diadem. Though thou loved her as thyself, As a self of purer clay, Though her parting dims the day, Stealing grace from all alive; Heartily know, When half-gods go, The gods arrive.

Contributed by Juanita Harris

“I spend too much time in my head” she said through static; The sounds clinging to the edges of her throat like Velcro. The nights were becoming too reliably pedestrian; and the days, too restlessly ambiguous. With nothing left but a dash of devotion and a crumb of conviction, she thought she could be someone else. What she saw as breathtaking ,everyone else saw as blasé; what she heard as music, others heard as static. It might be the crook of an elbow, a crumb of pie crust on a plate, or the way a word escapes a throat sounding in one way or another both ambiguous and unquestionable, simultaneously occupying the two. She found that if dancing in corners was at times too lonely, it was also convenient since no one else could enjoy both walls, which made it an ambiguous truth that the nature of her soul was eclipsed by the static of the others, soft hands of doubt gripping her throat as she spoke words that became nothing but crumbs. Soon crooks of elbows became too meaningful and crumbs, too demanding; exquisite wonder slipping away into charades and shortcomings that cling like ash to the throat of chimneys, making smoke tendrils that seemed like something else, something more tangible: less unsteady and more static, holding her in place until her thoughts were no longer ambiguous. The light moved from lucid chromatics to ambiguous greys in a matter of moments; the omniscient crumbs of light scattering and refracting into flawless static, creating geometric patterns out of her life stories, all too intricate to understand. She began to believe in everything else and soon the abstract melodies escaped once more from her throat. By then she was singing from her heart and not her throat, the placid dullness returning from ambiguity. She would hold onto the splendor this time, or else she knew it would vacate again. It returned in tiny crumbs which she collected one by one, each individual too miniscule to mean anything, but together enough to cut the static.

Contributed by Ariana Manson

This is one of my favorite poems, the way that Chappell uses the two different voices to write two very different poems embedded in each other makes for a very different effect than most poems.

Contributed by Ariana Manson