Visual Encyclopedia

Poetry

More posts about this topic

Ad

The Great Depression - A Mothers Worries

Notice the dusty soil and the leaking eyes that gently yearn for a meal. Gaze at the endless soot that gathers heavily under your fingernails. My children settle in grime so famished and small; crying with every heartbeat that their fragile and brittle body supports. A promise is all I can allow; but what wish am I to bestow upon my aching dreams? What heartache am I to recover from, other than the ache of my child’s heart? Endless sand remains in view just a bowl of particles that swirls around my flesh and only I can see the raw redness that people wear from rubbing their eyes.

Contributed by Justine Green

Love is like a window on a house Sun shines through you can see the people talking within Even if you can’t hear What they are saying But if you pick a small pebble and toss it at the window It will break and you will still see people talking Only this time you will hear the terrible things They say to each other

Fly

Eagles wings that stretch so mighty Ascend to cloudless sky Give me but one reason To startle my eyes Beckon me with your grace Till a path in dust have I made Leave me with a breathless body To carry to my grave Liberate my beating heart Into a stainless jar And wait to fill-till bloody rim A cast it into the ocean far Like a message in a bottle My resting heart be beached Upon the shore of the only whole heart That was within its reach Whole heart picks the bottle Unscrews the cap and lid To take my broken and bleeding heart And put it together again

A passageway sweeps the slop grasping the amber sun while the breeze dusts the peaks in sunshine. A traveler long ago left behind a sheltered home and returns galloping upon a stallion. Ray of light be a beacon… an exhausted traveler journeys homeward through the notch he rides to be reunited.

A Website That Allows You Submit Your Works Within An Online Poetry Community.

Contributed by Alysha Griesemer

Watch the cracks and corners you will see me in the shadows Peeking, protecting, watching over you These Earthly matters are no longer a burden to me For I have laid to rest My heart is worn but my soul remains within you Memories still strong reminding us everyday of the love we shared And even though I'm gone I want you to know I still care I did my duties, I said what I had to say, my legend lives on Remember the lessons I have taught you they will do you well Take care of your loved ones and take care of yourself The one thing my passing on should teach you in life What really matters is what you leave behind Someday you will drift in the shadows When father time says it's right But until then, be happy and be healthy Enjoy what life has to offer. I love you and I will always be with you in one way or another

Contributed by Miren Moragrega

What becomes of us comes to us in it's own time Worry not fear not this selfish child of mine The catastrophic frozen fear that you feast upon has no care When you are on bended knees Unable to see whats right in front of you Serving seconds and thirds to your emotions A heaping helping of pure unadulterated misery And we all know misery doesn't give a fuck either So eat your bounty Careful not to choke on your pride And let your hunger set aside

Why do you treat me so different? Why do you look at me so cold? You think we are no where near the same But in truth we all have wounded souls! If only you could taste my kind of pain To see and feel me would put you to shame But in all reality if you could have it your way You'd say we are the lowest of the low We are the ones to blame We are a piece of shit We are the ones who should pay! But see people like us have a better understanding on life Less greed, a bigger heart and more sacrifice Sure we were dealt different cards And rolled different dice Yes I'm disabled but don't worry about my kind Take a look at your own self open your eye's and see That your selfish, hateful, perfect mind Is but another disability

Lost in this lonely world of internet Trying to figure out what this reality is about Is this just a virtual dream hidden behind a blank screen? Swimming through a complicated sea Stuck in this web that we weave Sucked in like a contagious disease Where is this future going to lead? Just a primitive soul with these tools at hand Explore a new world let your mind expand

It was all a lie It was all a game I was just the rebound You put me to shame I told you I'm yours You told me your mine Took down all my walls And trusted this time But nothing could compare To your last love affair The feelings I had for you Could only go no where What I am compared to him Could never be the same And yet you scream to me That I'm the one to blame How could you do this Tear my heart out Make my soul bleed But what you don't realize Music is what feelings sound like