Visual Encyclopedia

Poetry

More posts about this topic

Ad

newspaper blackout poetry

Contributed by Keri Potter

You sit at home Feeling so strong from behind that screen But honestly do you think those words you're typing Are gonna change anything? Could it be this is just an escape from all your insecurities? Could it be your deepest secret is you wish that you were me? Tell me what is it with this love to hate? I think I'm starting to lose all my faith This isn't how it's supposed to be! You see everything in black and white! Who are you to tell me what's wrong or right? What could I possibly learn from someone like you? You don't know the first thing about my life! Say what you will You know it all or at least you think you do Waste all your days complaining You think we care But everyone knows that you don't have a clue So say what you will But you wouldn't last a day in my shoes! Waste all your days complaining You think we care but this is a war you will always lose So go and disregard the blood, sweat, and tears We she'd for you! But who will have the upper hand when this is over And I've done everything you wished you could do? Stop wasting my time! So full of things to say when you feel safe Maybe I'll listen to you whine The day you wanna say it to my face! Bring it on! So many mouths that love to run! But I just laugh because I've been confronted by none Say what you will You know it all or at least you think you do Waste all your days complaining You think we care But everyone knows that you don't have a clue So say what you will But you wouldn't last a day in my shoes! Waste all your days complaining You think we care but this is a war you will always lose Say what you will You know it all or at least you think you do Waste all your days complaining You think we care But everyone knows that you don't have a clue So say what you will But you wouldn't last a day in my shoes! Waste all your days complaining You think we care but this is a war you will always lose I'm calling out my generation! This is an alarm Can you hear it now? It seems like "caring" is just a phase were over now I'm calling out my generation! You should be ashamed Cause you're the ones to blame! This isn't how it's supposed to be... Songs ARE poetry!

Contributed by Aisha S. De Silva

I found this some time ago, don't recall when or where though. 0-o

Contributed by Aisha S. De Silva

A poem by Robert Frost. Any preference on how the world should end?

Contributed by Dymond N. Scarborough

How Dare Y0u Just Sit there And Accuse, When iiShall go on Forever Carryin each bruise, Each Scratch, Each Tear and Rip That you have Embedded 0n My Heart How Dare Y0u Sit Back, Relax and Just Whine? ii`M Suffering t00 Ya' kno,, But iiquess That part is just Fine. For Many Days I sat with Tears, Wondering If These months would ever turn to years. iiGave you everythiing T0ld y0u all 0f my secrets All 0f my Fears But that wasnt g00d enough Hunh? Because iiin the End I always fell flat on my face To rise and conquer another day in discrace How Dare Y0u Act as if your world iis coming down I`ve put up with endless bullshit without an increment of a sound How Dare you Leave When iiWas always there For your stuggles, mistakes and pain I remained by your side through everything. Mph. But I quess that When iiNeed you, iit Aint The Same. How Dare you Say, That iiDont Care?! To keep this thiing we had qoing iiBasically pulled out my hair Silently screamed, With a silent shout. . Yet your the one Claiming you want out? Hunh? Well Fuck it. iiquess iim Done But quit the bullshit About beiing the innocent one.

Contributed by Diamond Clay

One of my most favorite poems. Really powerful when spoken by the lady herself, Sylvia Plath.

Contributed by Alexis Fenn

Passion. Soul. Akua Naru - Poetry: How Does It Feel Now?

Contributed by Sementha Bastien

Katie Makkai - Pretty To all the girls who ever wonder when they'll ever be... pretty..?

Contributed by Evelyn Philistin

Not sure who this is written by but I found it on Tumblr and thought I'd share with everyone here. All credit goes to the original author who I have to say isn't me again. Poetry is honestly is a beautiful way to express yourself and just let go..

Contributed by Evelyn Philistin

About the poet - Roald Dahl (13 September 1916 -- 23 November 1990) was a British novelist, short story writer, poet, fighter pilot and screenwriter. Dahl is extremely famous for creating some of the best-loved children's stories of the 20th century, such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, James and the Giant Peach, The Witches, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, The BFG, George's Marvellous Medicine and Fantastic Mr Fox.

Contributed by Shelby Peppers