Visual Encyclopedia

Physical exercise

More posts about this topic

Ad

The best way to exercise is not what you're thinking. Metabolic conditioning is the newest up to date way to exercise that gets the weight off and keeps it off. Here is a short video of an example of a workout that you could do. In this specific video, you go 20 seconds as hard as you can, then 20 seconds of rest.

Contributed by Shelbie Frye

Has anyone seen Mulan 2? In the beginning she starts off with a song. Well I am going to change that song a bit and apply it to this topic. One alone is not enough, we need both together! Exercise alone is not enough, we need eating healthy too. You can exercise and exercise but if you are still eat really fatty and sugary foods you may loose some weight, but you will still not feel healthy. To really truly feel good, you need to exercise regularly, eat healthy andget to bed early and wake up early.

Contributed by Cortney Twila Houston

I know many people with cystic fibrosis and/ or asthma. Personally, I have them both. There are many people who say they CANNOT exercise because of these ailments, but in all honesty exercise is exactly what you need. The more you exercise the stronger your lungs get and the less often you will have an asthma attack or get a lung infection due to CF. I've had many people ask me why I exercise and I do it not because it is easy, because it is definitely one of the most difficult things for me to do, but because of it I will live longer, stay healthier, be stronger, and look better! So next time you think exercise is too hard, think again about the affect it can and should have on your life.

Contributed by Cortney Twila Houston

Some great tips on working out.

Contributed by Megan Luetz

one of the best and hardest work outs is the INSANITY videos. It is a 60 program and will sure get you into amazing shape!

Contributed by Isabella Vasquez

These unhealthy foods masquerading as healthy foods will undo the caloric burn from workouts.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

This is the first workout I ever did, and now I run 5k's regularly.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Great home workout

Contributed by Colin Zuelzke

If you're living in an apartment or a dorm or around crabby people (or asleep, etc) and want a workout that should not be to noisy, you should try this one from Cassey Ho! I like this one because it can be done while studying in the middle of the night!

Contributed by Cassie Leyba

If exercises are sometimes difficult for you, then don't give up! Adjust them to your abilities. Here are some tips accompanied by demo videos about how to modify exercises for your body.

Contributed by Sammo Lea