Visual Encyclopedia

Photography

More posts about this topic

Ad

follow your own path

here's the edit for my visual storytelling class i got an A on it :) hope you like it

Contributed by Syd Lilo Gomez

train tracks

a recent phot of mine and it's one of my favorites..i also used it as a project for my visual story telling class..i'll post that one too

F R I E  N D S H I P

these 3 photos are part of an ongoing series i've come up with on my instagram in which i take candid shots of my college friends. hope you like what i have so far!

Contact Sheey

i'mm taking a photography class and I must say making contact sheets are my favorite! Here's one from my latest class project

shutter affect in cameras

Contributed by Joseph Perry

Tiger at the zoo ( Photography )

Here I was at the zoo for a christmas light show and I shot this picture with my canon and edited it to where it turned out like this.

Contributed by Lacey Nelson

Ground Zero

Being at Ground Zero while the memorial was being built, and after it had been built was one of the most surreal experience of my life. I will never be able to put into words how I felt standing where so many people lost their lives. On that day we lost so much, but became united as a country. We will never forget.

Contributed by Michelle Wright

Joseph Niepce was a french chemist. His main goal in photography was to invent the way to fix a picture. After hitting a wall, him and Louis Daguerre joined forces and decide to work together to further the photography world. Except in 1833 Niepce dies. After years of not being able to figure it out, Daguerre gets really drunk one night and accidentally breaks a thermometer. By breaking the thermometer, he discovered that mercury was what they were looking for all along.

Contributed by Hayley Stensaas

"When it comes to making, as well as recording history, the camera has demonstrated that it can be mightier than the pen. At crucial moments in history, the photographer has been both a punctuation point and an animating force!" -Edward Wakin

Contributed by Hayley Stensaas

It's called a vignette. You darken the borders or corners so that it not only looks professional, but also adds emphasis to the object.

Contributed by Ben Sansiribhan