Visual Encyclopedia

Optical illusion

More posts about this topic

Ad

Humerus interpretation of the old witch/beautiful young woman illusion.

Contributed by Kandi Smith

Shade Illusion. This is a real life recreation of the 2D image in the summary at the top of the page. Optical illusions are so fascinating.

Contributed by Kandi Smith

Cool!

Contributed by Angela Loomis

It took me a while to figure this out haha! Love it!

Sweet!

AMAZING! I can't wrap my mind around how people do this!

Lion and mouse

Contributed by Jessica Kieft

this optical illusion is kinda cool

lego optical illusion

One famous creator of optical illusions is M.C. (Maurits Cornelis) Escher. Escher is one of the world's most famous graphic artists. He is most known for his "Impossible Structures", such as Ascending and Descending, Relativity, and his transformation prints such as Metamorphosis I. Escher was born in 1898 in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands, as the fourth son of a civil engineer. At five years old they moved to Arnhem where Escher spent most of his youth. He failed out of high school and was enrolled in the School for Architecture and Decorative Arts in Haarlem. After only one week, he decided he wanted to work in graphis arts. Apart from being a graphic artist, Escher illustrated books, designed tapestries, postage stamps and murals; However, he will continue to be best known for his creations of the some of the most mind-boggling images known to history.

Contributed by Christian Lopez