Visual Encyclopedia

Optical illusion

More posts about this topic

Ad

This amazing time lapse video incorporates unique optical illusions. From the Vimeo description: "Combining still and time-lapse photography with motion, music, and art, Frost reveals a world rarely seen. Rooted in science and the exploration of space, Frost’s work explodes with light, fire, and sound, utilizing 2D and 3D perspective, leading the viewer on a unique visual journey through worlds both real and imagined." And from the i09 review: "Frost's video footage of the desert and abandoned houses in the American Southwest is certainly stunning in its own right, but it was his incorporation of three perspective-bending optical illusions — and his use of time-lapse as a medium to expose the reality behind those illusions — that really sold us."

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

A couple on here are really cool, and maybe you can get the ones I didn't quite understand.

Contributed by Ayanna Stancle

classic optical illusion

Who fell for it? ;)

Contributed by Grace Li-Haug

Optical Illusion

An old couple or two guys with a guitar?

Contributed by Kelsey Stewart

10 Amazing Illusions

Contributed by Rodolfo Salgado

Who's up and who's down, left or right?

Contributed by Carolin Cruz

Profile or just half a face? you tell me.

Contributed by Natalie Marie Colavincenzo

If you stare at the center of a circle, that circle will stop moving. All other circles in your peripheral vision will look like they are spinning!

Contributed by Amanda Jenkins

Looks like nothing but blocks at first, but try squinting your eyes until you're reading it through your lashes. Funny.

Contributed by Keri Potter