Visual Encyclopedia

Nutrition

More posts about this topic

Ad

The only way to show abs is to lose fat through cardio. But having a strong core is crucial as well >.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Recipe for a good workout :)

Make sure you eat protein 20-50 minutes after a workout.

Drinking water at a certain time maximizes its effectiveness on the body: 2 glasses of water after waking up - helps activate internal organs 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion 1 glass of water before taking a bath - helps lower blood pressure 1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack

Contributed by Angela Barginear

Apples + nonfat greek yogurt (fiber and protein -- good combo) Apples + [cottage, cheddar] cheese (interesting taste) Apples + [peanut, almond] nut butter (so good its unbelievable) Apples + cinnamon + lemon juice + heat (a healthy dessert) Apples + almond milk + oatmeal (need I say more?)

MyPlate is an awesome online calorie and fitness calculator/journal. I use it daily to achieve my caloric burn and intake goals. The database of foods are extensive and accurate. It's free and has a mobile version.

10 "Healthy" Foods that aren't healthy.

Part 2 of HeyFranHey's healthy shopping list.

A HeyFranHey video about nutrition and her favorite healthy foods. Take note!

Sliced cucumbers + sliced tomatoes + olive oil + a dash of salt + pepper + avocado if you dare! Mm.