Visual Encyclopedia

Natural hair

More posts about this topic

Ad

Porosity determines how much moisture one's hair can retain after being moisturized. High porosity hair loses moisture very quickly. Knowing you hair's porosity is extremely important when considering what types of products to use.This vid discusses this in detail as well as the causes of overly porous hair. Video courtesy of greenbeautychannel

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

Flowers and bows are a common accessory for naturals. They are an especially cute look on TWAs (which stands for teeny weeny afros). Here is a tutorial on how to make your own flower clips! Make as many as you want without emptying your wallet! Video courtesy of ladyt101

A tutorial on how to style natural hair with bantu knots! I have yet to perfect the art of bantu knotting, but it's a style worth looking into again :) Video courtesy of mynaturalsistas

Here are some tips on caring for natural hair! Informations courtesy of culrynikki.com

Contributed by Marquetta Diamond Bradley

They say black women can't grow long hair but it can grow as long as you take care of it.

Contributed by Marquetta Diamond Bradley

I would recommend sealing your hair in shea butter, oil, or conditioner because these substances repel water. At the very least, saturate your hair with fresh water because then it will be less likely to become fully saturated with chlorinated water.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

This article lists 5 ways to get chlorine out of hair after swimming. I like that a few of these reasons involve actual natural substances like tomato paste, and not just baking soda, which, albeit better than a cocktail of drying chemicals, still comes from a factory.

Contributed by Empriś Durden