Visual Encyclopedia

Nail polish

More posts about this topic

Ad

These are actually a dark purple with silver tips. Maybe I shouldn't have put on two coats of dark purple.

Contributed by Cassie Leyba

I thought an extra stripe would look cool on a red and black french tip!

I saw a version of these and I wanted to try these colors instead because I didn't have the other colors, So, tada!

These might be had to see because I didn't have varying shades of gold at the time, and these took forever, but here we go! Peacock feather nails! These took me a couple of hours to do.

I saw these when looking for nail art to do on my nails and I really liked these, again, they are not perfect, but they are fun.

I love doing nail art, so here is one that can be used for a night out. Sparkly Tuxedo Nails! (they are not perfect, but I enjoy doing them)

The use of tape

Contributed by Jeana Logue

DIY Nails

Contributed by Jeana Logue

Nail art is quickly becoming one of the most popular fashion accessories. Unfortunately, many nail polish contain pretty harmful chemicals. Luckily, most big nail polish brands have become aware of these harmful substances (and that people won’t buy polish containing them), and have removed them from their formulas! These days, it’s easier than ever to avoid these chemicals. (Read more: www.collegefashion.net) Luckily, theres a fantastic MESS FREE and LONGER LASTING alternative! Nail strips :) Sallie Hansen kick-started the trend, but OPI has perfected it in my opinion!

Contributed by Atrice Alexis

You can make your own nail polish colors by mixing just a few different colors you already have. You'll also need top coat.

Contributed by Sammo Lea