Visual Encyclopedia

Nail polish

More posts about this topic

Ad

This shows how to file an acrylic nail.

Contributed by Lisa Chong

This shows how to apply a nail tip.

This is a great lady that does nails professionally. Perhaps you can gather ideas from her.

This is how to dry nail polish quickly with olive oil.

This shows how to turn any nail polish into a matte nail polish.

News print nails are neat, but the words end up backwards. I love the idea of using a comic book or funny strip instead. As long as you don't use words no one will notice that the image is backwards.

Contributed by Kandi Smith

Have you ever noticed how polish last so much longer when you get a manicure than if you paint your own nails. I asked one time what the secret was and they told me a base coat. A base coat can protect your nails from a stain, but even if you don't use a dark polish it is still important. A base coat helps to smooth your nails which will improve the final appearance.

I love Essie nail polish, It lasts so much longer than other polishes I have tried and there are so many fun colors. The problem with Essie though is that isn't exactly user friendly. I actually sent a facebook message to Essie and I received a response with some great tips that will help no matter what brand of polish you use. 1. Multiple thin coats of polish will dry more smoothly and quickly than a single thick coat of polish. 2. Wait 2mn between each coat of nail polish.This includes base coats and top coats. (This has been the most helpful tip for me) 3. when you can touch your index nail and thumb nail together without noticing any pull on the polish, then your polish is dry. Good luck!

Tried this the other day! Marble nail tutorial!

Contributed by Lauren Hill

The first time I used crackle nail polish. I think I am going to try something with the crackle. Maybe a rainbow with neon colors and black nail polish to make it look like scratch art. =)

Contributed by Cassie Leyba