Visual Encyclopedia

Nail polish

More posts about this topic

Ad

Simple Skinny Vertical Stripes

These are classic and can go with any outfit. To achieve this oo, use base coat and apply high-shine gloss on top. Then, take a very thin brush (you can cut most of the bristles off an old paintbrush as long as it has fairly flexible bristles) and go across. You can tape your skin if you think you will go over.

Contributed by Jessica Kalmazu Stimely

Trail Dotting Design

When I was younger, I loved making shapes out of tons of dots. However, there is something alluring about a line going who knows where...

Minnie Mouse Inspired Nails

Red with white tips and polka dots. A bit more wild than I usually prefer (red is horrible to work with because it stains skin so easily and makes you look like you're bleeding), but I think it ended up looking good.

Love this matte black zebra nail art!

Contributed by Christine Anderson

Cool Christmas nail design!

Contributed by Christine Anderson

a site for easy nail art that looks super cool and is really easy

Contributed by Tori Anderson

for my school's homecoming, we had jungle print. Fun, right?! And a lot simpler than it looks. For the cheetah print, you just have to kinda splash on the color. Then, you halfway trace around it on either side with black or another dark color. I've also seen this done in silver. I recommend for the stripes to outline first, then fill in. Make them simpler, so the spots shine through! Remember- keep it simple!

If you're as impatient as I am waiting for your nails to dry, simply spray them with Pam cooking spray and wait 5-10 seconds! Rinse off your hands, and you will have beautiful dry nails.

Contributed by Kelly MacMillan

Mario Bros. Themed Nails

Initially done with acrylic paint, covered with a clear coat.

Contributed by Marissa Meyers

Water Marbling is easy- take a cup of water (that you can throw away!) and drip nail polish that isn't quick-drying on the top. You can do multiple colors and swirl them around with a toothpick before they dry. Cover any part of your finger that you're dipping in and don't want nail polish on with tape or petroleum jelly. Then, you dip your finger in, and use a toothpick to pull of any excess not sticking to your nails. TA DAA!