Visual Encyclopedia

Music

More posts about this topic

Ad

Technology has really changed how we listen and get our music.

Contributed by Elizabeth Genevieve Chan

Here is a presentation of the "Mimu Gloves" created by the artist known as Imogen Heap. Not only does she explain how they work, she demonstrates them with a song she has written.

Contributed by Leah Teschner

This is one of my favorite YouTube videos. For anyone who has played an instrument, been to a wedding or listened to the radio, this video is a great example of how one tune can be recycled for decades and still be enjoyed by many generations. I present to you, "Canon in D" throughout the ages.

Contributed by Laci Robinson

So many times I have heard fellow musicians dis each other for liking a certain genre or artist. I have several things I would like to say, but the main point being WHO CARES?! If it isn't your favorite or you don't care for it, then you don't have to listen to it. I don't particularly care for rap and bluegrass, but you don't hear me complaining when my buddy gives me a life and blasts Macklemore and Eminem. My advice: keep your mind and your ears open. You never know, you may discover a hidden gem in a sea of music you don't care for.

Contributed by Hunter Haynes

One of the funniest songs and most interesting ever recorded in my opinion. There's also a backwards version which was the B-side to the original record and Napoleon XIV's real name is Jerry Samuels.

Contributed by Sam Feldstone

Every song to hit #1 on the American charts issued for the week containing Independence Day from 1955-2015. Very cool to see the changes/evolution of pop music over the course of 60 years

This is a chronology featuring a song written or release in each year from 1840-2013. It's hard to believe how songs that are commonly found on children's albums today like the Farmer in the Dell and Oh My Darling Clementine were once enjoyed the same way modern pop music is enjoyed. Also cool to see the evolution of popular music and contemporary videos and photographs

This song is really good and if you haven't listened to it well get to it!! Hopefully the rest of the album is as good as everyone is expecting it to be!!!

Contributed by Luis Galindo

I had no idea the Happy Birthday song was copyrighted and is only subject to royalty payments when sung in public and 9 other interesting facts related to music

Staff meeting

The irony of a musical meeting

Contributed by Kindle Rickman