Visual Encyclopedia

Music

More posts about this topic

Ad

"Vard Siretsi" - roughly, "I loved a rose". Vocals by Garegin Arakelyan, instruments performed by Norayr Kartashyan & Van Project. Based off "Mountain Girl", a folk song popular amongst the peoples of the Southern Caucasus and Eastern Anatolia. While its origins have been contested, it may likely be a song of Armenian origin, and was reportedly very popular amongst survivors of the Armenian Genocide.

Contributed by Christian Romero

Araspell is a folk-rock band from Yerevan, Armenia. www.facebook.com

This video is so gloriously, beautifully absurd, and I absolutely love it.

Sound Sculptures

This company called REIFY has created these 3-D printed sound sculptures called musical totems that turn musical data into a material reality through 3-Dimensional surfaces and accompanying interactive visuals. The company wants to crowdsource a new visual language for sound that's based on the human experience of it and not just its scientific attributes.

Contributed by Sam Feldstone

Piano Nanny is a website that teaches you how to read/write music, undestand temo and play piano for free! I am currently using it and only on lesson 7 but Ive learned a lot.

Contributed by Demetra Williamson

America's Got Talent winner and ventriloquist Terry Fator takes you on a trip through a timeline of the history of pop music by highlighting one song from each of the decades from the 1940s to the 2000s using various puppets representing the different singers.

Repetition of a chorus is key in becoming a popular song: According to a paper in the Journal of Consumer Psychology, for each repetition of a chorus, there's a 14.5% more chance of a song topping the Billboard chart and other facts you probably never thought about with regards to how we listen to and interpret music. Also did you know that even seeing a single word can remind you of a song? Really cool stuff.

A recent recording done for fun. Hope you like it.

Contributed by Brian Reynolds

My most favorite song of all time at the moment

This is one of my drum recordings from last year.

Contributed by Brian Reynolds