Visual Encyclopedia

Moon

More posts about this topic

Ad

In 2006 a temporary second moon (mini-moon ) was found orbiting the earth till June 2007. It is expected to be recaptured by the earth later in this century.

Contributed by Lois Tan

"Tell me the story about how the Son loved the Moon so much , he died every night to let her breathe. " Source: jheneaiko.tumblr.com

Contributed by Atrice Alexis

"When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator." -Mahatma Gandhi

Contributed by Iesha Liberato

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." -Buddha

Contributed by Iesha Liberato

Laurent Laveder is a French photographer made famous by his ability to capture the the moon and the imagination in his series "Moon Games."

Contributed by Alyssa Green

A helium balloon would NOT float on the moon since it lacks an atmosphere. It would just land on the floor.

Gravity on the Moon is only 17% of that on Earth. Imagine 200 pounds would feel more like 34 pounds!

Nearly 50 moons would fit inside of the Earth! This is photographer Laurent Laveder's wife appearing to open the Moon.

Some people garden according to the Moon's phases. This belief that moon light and gravity affect the way plants grow has been around for centuries!

Our moon is bigger than Pluto. Some scientist look at the moon more like a planet and refer to our Eath-moon dynamic as a "double planet."