Visual Encyclopedia

More posts about this topic

Is this moonORANGE ?

Yup. The moon appears orange because basically it is low in the sky and there are a lot of dust particles in the atmosphere. There is a lot more to it though.. so interesting......Awestruck by nature..

Contributed by Vanessa Lam

Sail Away

The Moon is no like a switch is turned on at night and lights up like a light bulb. The Moon lights up because it reflects the light from the sun. So, the other side of the moon is actually dark! Half light, half dark......=0

We ALWAYS see the SAME SIDE of the MOON because... As the moon rotates around the earth, it also rotates around its own axis at the same rate!!

We Like The Moon

Contributed by Emma Childress

I found this amazing photo, but I have no idea where it was taken! But I am still in awe.

He Had the Whole Moon in His Hands

According to leading theory, the moon was created when a rock the size of Mars slammed into Earth, shortly after the solar system began forming about 4.5 billion years ago.

First Moon Landing 1969

Contributed by Mary Joseph

Contributed by Santino Thornton

It orbits around Earth and does not actually emit light. Its light is the reflection of the sun's light

Contributed by Santino Thornton

Moon Halo

A Moon halo forms when light from the sun is refracted in ice crystals located in the atmosphere, making a stunning ring around the moon.

Contributed by Sara Cornett