Visual Encyclopedia

Love

More posts about this topic

Ad

Love Comes in Different Forms

One of the form it comes in is the love you have for your family. I believe that it can be the strongest out of all. I believe it is the strongest for me.

Contributed by Leah Marie Ingreso Venenoso

The 9 Nanas

Pretty heartwarming story!

Contributed by Sam Feldstone

Man Dressed Up Like His Girlfriend To Take Her Exam

This man in Kazakhstan dressed up like his girlfriend to try to take her exam for her but unfortunately was unsuccessful. However, this act was described by a fellow student as "stupid but very romantic" and I definitely agree with the student as well as the fact that "Sometimes love leads us to do silly things."

Contributed by Sam Feldstone

What we (don't) do out of love

A mother sacrifices her life to save her child from impending death. This situation demonstrates what one may call altruism or selflessness—actions done out of the desire to help someone else out of concern or love for others. Perhaps you could see this scenario as an example of how humans are not selfish and how, despite the inherent greed that so many condemn, humans are redeemable creatures with this inexplicable care for the welfare of others. After all, it does not physically benefit the mother’s life to save her child (in fact, it risks it). So we think. There is another theory proposed by Richard Dawkins that attempts to explain these “sacrificial” actions more scientifically: the selfish gene to preserve one's lineage, not life.

Contributed by Lucy Zhang

Love

Has no fear and no vengeance,...? not even afraid of ceasing to love?

Contributed by Madeline Johnson

Love

This was on a wall at a resteraunt in Paris.

Contributed by Grissel Rodriguez

I miss you.

It's the sad truth.

Love.

This is what love does to you.

Love.

Love lasts forever.