Visual Encyclopedia

List of Christmas dishes

More posts about this topic

Ad

Southern Pecan Pie

I love the special desserts my family makes during the holidays. Pecan pie is one of my favorites!

Contributed by Brianna Kay Colbert

Really simple to make. All you need is brownie mix (or chocolate cake mix), frosting, and strawberries

Contributed by Evangeline Nguyen

Pie Crust

Put a stencil over your pie crust (when it has mostly cooled off) and dust colored powdered sugar over it to made gorgeous designs! Looks so extravagant, but its so easy to do!!

Contributed by Cate Mitchum

Whiskey Caramels

I made these last year and gave them away as gifts, people loved them! I also did a version with Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey ingredients: 5 tbsp. butter 1 cup heavy whipping cream 2 oz. (1/4 cup) whiskey (I used Jack Daniel’s) 1 tsp. vanilla 1/4 tsp. kosher (coarse) salt 1 1/2 cups sugar 1/4 cup light corn syrup 1/4 cup water 1 tbsp. kosher (coarse) salt, for sprinkling directions: 1. Line 9-inch square pan with parchment or wax paper, allowing the paper to drape over two sides; spray lightly with cooking spray. 2. In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter, heavy whipping cream, whiskey, vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; set aside. 3. In 3-quart saucepan, mix sugar, corn syrup, and water. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. DO NOT STIR. Boil until sugar turns a warm golden brown. 4. When the sugar mixture is done, turn off the heat and slowly add the cream mixture to the sugar mixture. Be careful — it will bubble up violently. Cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until the mixture reaches 248 degrees F (firm ball) on a candy thermometer. Pour caramel into pan; cool 10 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt; cool completely. 5. Cut into squares; wrap individually in parchment paper.

OMG Eggnog Fudge!

Two of my holiday favorites in one! Get the recipe: chocolatechocolateandmore.com

Mini Cookie Houses

These little houses + custom cup + hot chocolate kit = awesome and cheap Christmas gifts!

Happy Snowmen!

I am pretty sure these are done with fondant, but they could probably be done with sugar cookie frosting 1 cup confectioners' sugar 2 teaspoons milk 2 teaspoons light corn syrup 1/4 teaspoon almond extract assorted food coloring Directions In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to desired intensity. Dip cookies, or paint them with a brush.

Rudolph Cookies

A simple way to decorate a cookie if you are not a fan of too much frosting

White Chocolate Cherries

Cover fresh dark cherries in white chocolate and bead with edible pearls! You can buy sugar pearls and metallic beads at most craft stores

Melted Snowmen

How cute would it be to serve these up with hot chocolate?