Visual Encyclopedia

Knitting

More posts about this topic

Ad

knit amigurmi turtle

amigurumi is the japanese art of making cute things by knitting or crocheting them

Contributed by Mariely Mejorado

This is a rhyme which is often used in teaching how to knit, it verbalizes the actions one makes while knitting: "Under the fence (for putting the needle through the stitch) Catch the sheep (for wrapping the working yarn around the needle) Back we come (for bringing the new stitch back through the fist) Off we leap (for removing the new stitch from the working needle)"

Contributed by Jaclyn Rachelle

The coolest form of knitting, and it doesnt require any tools :3

Contributed by Kim Miller

A knitted garden! Via the Colorful Stitches blog at www.colorfulstitchesblog.com

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

Check out amazing knitwear designer Julia Ramsey to see knitting get creative in fashion!

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

As a student at the University of Central Florida, I decided to make my own Golden Knight hat. The hat itself has a black mohawk woven into it. The face mask is fastened on by buttons on each side of the hat. The mask can be moved to the top of hat (much like an actual knight helmet) and it can be removed. I made a black sheer mask to wear under the hat for the full effect. As far as I know this is a one-of-a-kind piece of UCF fan gear! Go Knights!

Contributed by Ashleigh Linse

This website has thousands of free knitting patterns and tutorials.

Contributed by Olivia O'Hern

This website has an assortment of videos on knitting ranging from decreasing stitches to how to knit basics.

Contributed by Lisa Chong

This video depicts how to knit in a round on double pointed needles and gives a clever tip on how to secure the opening.

This video outlines how to knit in a round with a circular knitting needle.