Visual Encyclopedia

Human body

More posts about this topic

Ad

Also women have longer ring fingers then men. I think

Contributed by Janeen OmightyIsis Jackson

There have been studies that suggest blinking helps the brain recharge. On average we blink about 15-20 times a minute. Women blink about twice as much as men do. I wonder if that means a woman's brain is more active than a man's.

Contributed by Alyssa Green

There is enough pressure in the human heart to squirt blood up to 30 feet! This is the force required to circulate blood through your body. Definitely a good reason to take care of your heart.

Ever notice how sweaty your feet can get? Feet have 500,000 sweat glands! We can produce about a pint of sweat a day. I live in Florida, it feels more like a gallon of sweat sometimes!

I just learned from a research paper that the average male orgasm release sperm at 23 mph.

Contributed by Katy Ann Lackey

The human body is pretty resilient when it comes to survival. Even if you remove the stomach, the spleen, 75% of the liver, 80% of the intestines, one kidney, one lung, and just about every organ from the pelvic area it could live, just not very well.

Although it is not recommended to test this out, your stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve a razor blade and some other metals.

Humans produce about 40,000 liters of saliva in a lifetime. That is enough to fill two medium-sized pools!