Rayavadee Krabi Hotel, Thailand

Contributed by Alicia Kimberly Hauskins

Astarte Suits Hotel, Greece

The Ladera Resort, St. Lucia

The Manta Resort, Zanzibar

So I recently went on vacation with my grandmother (Aug. 1 - Aug. 10) and like most people who don't own houses throughout the states, we needed to stay in some hotels. This isn't soliciting, I really just want to let you know which hotels I thought were the cleanest (or at least looked the cleanest) and nicest ones to stay in so you don't get stuck in a crappy room that you feel you need to scrub down before sitting on anything. The three hotels that we frequented were: The Hampton inn The Holiday Inn and The Best Western When my brother, grandmother, and I got to a new hotel, we kind of adopted this little routine where we starting checking things out to make sure they were clean. The first thing we checked was the bed (in our case beds since we stayed in twins). Not one bed had, or showed, signs of bed bugs (good thing!). All of the surfaces seemed to be wiped down and there was never any trash laying around for all of the hotels. Every hotel had a computer in the lobby (sometimes mac, which I couldn't use to save my life), complimentary breakfast, television, and wifi. All good. The Best Western. We stayed at two of them, and based off of our experiences, we probably won't ever stay at a Best Western any time in the near future, I would actually avoid them. They always had dark carpets, which absolutely grossed me out because you really can't tell what's on the floor. The bed spread also was made of dark covers (and one only had a top blanket and no sheets). Yeah, it had a bit of an old western look to it, but I would definitely prefer clean and new over a theme that in itself made the room look old, run down, and dirty. The Holiday Inns and Hampton's were all really nice. They seemed to be taken care of pretty well by room service. Checkouts were at noon I believe, which didn't really phase us because we had an early start to every morning anyways. These two were pretty tied in my opinion. I think that the Hampton's had better breakfasts though, so if you think that is important, schedule the Hampton over the Holiday. All in all though, these two were pretty much neck and neck. One thing I didn't like about any of the hotels was a lack of a secure Wifi network. There are measures that you can take to protect your computer/device, but by default, not one network was a secure one, so I tried to avoid them as much as possible and just use my data. If you wouldn't want to use your data, you could use the computer in the lobby, but you might get stuck on a mac even if you don't know how to use it, which is a real pain. In any case, I hope this was helpful. And to wrap it all up in a nutshell, my personal experience leads me to believe that Best Westerns are okay if you are on a budget, but Hampton's and Holiday Inns are a better choice.

Contributed by Michael Hartman

WATER

THIS WOULD BE REALLY RELAXING

Contributed by Krystal Papineau

WOW

WOW

SEEMS KINDA COLD

THATS A LOT OF $$$$$