Visual Encyclopedia

Horse

More posts about this topic

Ad

"Stable Relationship

Contributed by Amanda Slater

This is April, an 11 year old Paint Quarter horse whom I am absolutely in love with.

Contributed by Danielle Handt

ESCARAMUZA

Escaramuza, which is translated to "skirmish", is a sidesaddle equestrian drill team, also known as ballet on horses. The sport is very traditional in Mexico and I have spread my Mexican traditions to Houston Texas. There are teams everywhere in Texas, California, Arizona and even Colorado but Houston was thrilled when I formed the first team. I formed the first team in Houston when I was 9 years old. Me and my horse, Negrito, have been participating in this sport for the past 10 years. The team consist of 8+ girls who are dressed "adelita" who perform a routine at a full gallop while mounted sidesaddle. The routine consist of 12 exercises where we run beautiful patterns while it appears like we are going to crash into each other but right at the moment of contact we quickly turn another direction. This sport is not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle. It completely consumes your life. Its a huge commitment but the love and passion for the sport makes it all worth it. We have been blessed with the opportunity to annually perform at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo every year. I love being apart of this team, i love the horses, the adrenaline rush and most of all I am sharing my traditions with everyone!!

Contributed by Andrea Celeste Quiroz

ESCARAMUZA

Escaramuza, which is translated to "skirmish", is a sidesaddle equestrian drill team, also known as ballet on horses. The sport is very traditional in Mexico and I have spread my Mexican traditions to Houston Texas. There are teams everywhere in Texas, California, Arizona and even Colorado but Houston was thrilled when I formed the first team. I formed the first team in Houston when I was 9 years old. Me and my horse, Negrito, have been participating in this sport for the past 10 years. The team consist of 8+ girls who are dressed "adelita" who perform a routine at a full gallop while mounted sidesaddle. The routine consist of 12 exercises where we run beautiful patterns while it appears like we are going to crash into each other but right at the moment of contact we quickly turn another direction. This sport is not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle. It completely consumes your life. Its a huge commitment but the love and passion for the sport makes it all worth it. We have been blessed with the oppurtunity to annualy perform at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo every year. I love being apart of this team, i love the horses, the adrenaline rush and most of all I am sharing my traditions with everyone!!

ESCARAMUZA

Escaramuza, which is translated to "skirmish", is a sidesaddle equestrian drill team, also known as ballet on horses. The sport is very traditional in Mexico and I have spread my Mexican traditions to Houston Texas. There are teams everywhere in Texas, California, Arizona and even Colorado but Houston was thrilled when I formed the first team. I formed the first team in Houston when I was 9 years old. Me and my horse, Negrito, have been participating in this sport for the past 10 years. The team consist of 8+ girls who are dressed "adelita" who perform a routine at a full gallop while mounted sidesaddle. The routine consist of 12 exercises where we run beautiful patterns while it appears like we are going to crash into each other but right at the moment of contact we quickly turn another direction. This sport is not just a hobby, it's a lifestyle. It completely consumes your life. Its a huge commitment but the love and passion for the sport makes it all worth it. We have been blessed with the oppurtunity to annualy perform at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo every year. I love being apart of this team, i love the horses, the adrenaline rush and most of all I am sharing my traditions with everyone!!

ESCARAMUZA

ESCARAMUZA

I picked this photo because all the beautiful colors on the hourses :)

Contributed by Shydelle Abigail Lopez

Lovely horses

Contributed by Meghan Fanjoy

gypsy

going for a ride. crownb blue oreo

Contributed by Maygen Rausch