Visual Encyclopedia

Honey

More posts about this topic

Ad

A face cleansing method using honey. I've definitely added honey to my face masks and it works wonders.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Honey does not go bad. Archaeologists discovered 2,000 year old honey jars and found that the honey inside still tasted good! (I wonder who had the guts to taste it...?) Its low pH and low water content make honey and unfavorable home to bacteria n' stuff. Info courtesy of benefits-of-honey.com

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

A bee will only make 1/12 of a teaspoon of honey in her lifetime. Info courtesy of honeything.com

Bees have to visit about 1 million flowers in order to make 1lb of honey... Info courtesy of honeything.com

Arthritis patients should drink one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. A recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon before breakfast, within a week, about 73 patients (out of 200) were totally relieved of pain. Within a month most all the patients who could not walk or move around were walking without pain.

Contributed by Alexandra Breed

Make a paste of honey and cinnamon to spread on bread. Eat regularly for breakfast. It will reduce the cholesterol in the arteries can save patients from heart attacks. Regular use relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as one ages the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and the veins.

Contributed by Alexandra Breed