Visual Encyclopedia

High-heeled footwear

More posts about this topic

Ad

UrbanOG.com sells many different shoes, and made this video to showcase one of the collections. I love the editing!

Contributed by Brianna Kay Colbert

My personal shoe collection

This was my personal shoe collection back in December of 2012. It has definitely grown since then. One question I always get is "why do you always wear heels?" and I answer, "Why not?"

Heels: so pretty but so painful

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

A great documentary all about women and their love for shoes!

Contributed by Marissa Meyers

Dangerous Elegance - A History of High- Heeled Shoes

High heels came a very long way, just as any living organism they have adapted over time and became the trend of today society like no other. To travel back through time we'll end of back in Egypt 3500 B.C high heels symbolized 'class' and the term "Ankh' which means life became a way of dividing the social classes. The shock of it all that not just women strut their stuff in a pair of high heels, but men--Yes I said men also wore high heels like some pair of Jordan's or tennis. During the Middle Ages, both men and women would wear 'pattens', or wooden soles, that were clearly a precursor the high heel.

Contributed by Lucretia Williams

High heels became a world phenomenon in the fashion industry. In each predominant year the trend of fashion change like the weather. Each decade there were a new model of the high heel that became more sexier and more feminine.

Contributed by Lucretia Williams

Not only are these shoes amazing, the editing in the video is phenomenal. :)

How does she walk in those? She is walking on her toes.

Contributed by Hayley Alcaraz

The Effects of Walking in Heels

Contributed by Mary Joseph

McQueen Alien High Heels

Alexander McQueen's 2010 Spring Show featured a stunning area of creative alien-inspired high heels.

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo