Visual Encyclopedia

Harry Potter

More posts about this topic

Ad

This is actually extremely funny if you think about it.

Contributed by Rachel Bleier

Fun facts :)

Contributed by Sarah Hamatake

In "Prisoner of Azkaban", Professor Trelawney mentions that when thirteen eat together, the first to rise is the first to die. But there were actually fourteen people at the table because Ron had "Scabbers" with him. Read backwards, the inscription on the Mirror of Erised reads "I show not your face but your heart's true desire". There are a lot of hints dropped in earlier books about something that comes later on. For example, Tom Riddle's diary in "Chamber of Secrets" and the heavy locket in "Order of the Phoenix". Sirius, Regulus, Bellatrix, Draco and Andromeda are all stars, constellations or galaxies. Sirius is known as "the dog star" while Bellatrix means "female warrior". In French, "vol de mort" translates as "flight from death".

Contributed by Hannah Teicher

A list of 16 items every Harry Potter fan should own. The shoes on here sold already but why not create your own with some canvas flats?

Contributed by Sammo Lea

List of frequently used Harry Potter spells.

Contributed by Nicole Huffman

This is a picture after Harry found out that he was an accidental horcrux. The interesting and clever thing behind this is that there was only supposed to be seven movies just like there was only supposed to be only seven horcruxs but in reality there was eight. I just thought that was a cute fact.

Contributed by Michelle Insalaco

Drawing of the main characters from Harry Potter done by J.K. Rowling herself.

Contributed by Alyssa Cerminara-Gutcher

Harry Potter Bloopers

Contributed by Aileen Chang

At a conference, Stephanie Meyer said: “The God of Writing sent me to earth to show people how to write.” When J.K Rowling heard, she looked at the ground, puzzled, and then said, “I didn't send anyone.”

Contributed by Maria Veit

Hugs

Contributed by Aileen Chang