Visual Encyclopedia

Harry Potter

More posts about this topic

Ad

Explains extra stuff you'd never catch from the movies.

Contributed by Jessica Falcon

The Golden Snitch, the third type of Quidditch ball, replaced the Snidget in matches. The Snidget is a small golden/yellow bird that was known for its quick movements and was difficult to catch. Snidgets were kept in the pitch by wizards posted around the boundary with repelling spells. Since Snidgets were often crushed when caught by the seeker, the species began going extinct and was replaced by the metal Snitch. Not only can Snitches be used multiple times, but they are enchanted to stay in the pitch boundaries.

Contributed by Lauren Guerriero

Friend of mine is a death eater. ^_^

Contributed by Alecia Gray

Harry Potter pick-up lines. Here are a few examples: If you were a Dementor, I'd become a criminal just to get your kiss. My name may not be Luna, but I sure know how to Lovegood! Being without you is like being afflicted with the Cruciatus Curse.

Contributed by Keri Potter

I just turned 18 and my first tattoo is going to be the Harry Potter stars on my wrists. My mom and boyfriend occasionally make fun of me (jokingly, of course). But neither of them realize what Harry and JK Rowling mean to me. I had the first book on my shelf for a while, but I could never get past the first chapter. Then one day, my parents had to go out, so a family friend watched my brother and I. He brought over the first three movies (as they were the only ones released at that point). We watched the first one and most of the second, and after that, I was hooked. Since 3rd grade, Harry has gotten me through everything. My parents divorce, depression, break ups, bad grades, family drama, friendship related drama. Everything. When I thought I'd be better off dead, nope, just read Harry Potter and I felt better. People don't realize what Harry means to me, what he's been for me. Without him, I don't know if I'd be who I am today. Harry saved the Wizarding World and he saved this poor ol' Muggle too.

Contributed by Sabine Glocker

Harry Potter movies are very interesting great way to easy your mind and falling for these series

Contributed by Yara Gaeta

The golden snitch: a small golden ball approximately the size of a walnut. It is the third ball used in the game of Quidditch.

Contributed by Aaliya Mumtaz Lovescookies

Even though Ron and Hermione meet Dobby in the books, they never officially meet him in the movies. In part one of the seventh movie, they talk to Dobby like they know him, yet they never met him before.

Contributed by Tiffany Crawford

Why doesn't Voldemort have a nose? Personally I think it is because it makes him look more snake like. Also because he seems like a person who would be vain enough to be addicted to plastic surgery, and we all know that doesn't mix well with pretty faces. This explanation works well too though.

Contributed by Kandi Smith

This is amazing. You can actually look at Diagon Alley as seen in the movie using Google Street view in the Warner Bros. studio in London. The address is Diagon Alley at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London, Studio Tour Drive, Leavesden. You can go to this web site and click the Google Maps link or just type the address into Google Maps yourself. So awesome.

Contributed by Sammo Lea