Visual Encyclopedia

Hair coloring

More posts about this topic

Ad

Rainbow Braid

Contributed by Sara Cornett

Dyeing hair can be expensive. You have the cost of the trim, the dye, and if you truly love your hair-there is also the cost of keratin treatment. How fast your roots begin to show depends on how often you wash your hair and what shampoo/conditioner you use. Undergoing a great deal of stress zaps vitamins and it immediately shows through hair and nails. Sadly this is how so many people go grey so young and why I had to dye my hair because of grays and not for fun (I am not even 40 years old yet!). If you cannot afford the Keratin treatment at the salon, then spring for a Keratin shampoo and conditioner; I use Keratin Infusion by Suave. The shampoo and conditioner will return the softness and help with how frizzy the dye leaves your hair. After the Keratin shampoo and conditioner is used up, begin to use either a color-enhancing or a color preserving shampoo and conditioner; I use Brunette Expressions from Pantene. Using products that aim to care for colored hair help to-retain the color, return the softness, and reduce the frizz. If you stop using these products, the roots of your hair will begin to show within two weeks or sooner depending on how often you wash your hair. Hair is like plant life, it grows when it is fed and watered so be sure to use the right food on your hair when you wash it.

Contributed by Lori Ann Hafner

Stop using Box Dye! If you use box dye and see it lifting black to blonde on the back know that your hair will be lifted that many levels as well and then have a permanent color deposited on top which will be very difficult to remove. If you do se this horrible stuff ake sure it does not lift to light, try to get "blending" or deposit only if going darker, and please do not put it all over your hair root to end every single time for the entire processing time.

Contributed by Quinn Hagen

How to mix the product correctly

Contributed by Kecha Wallace

I am a licensed cosmetologist. While I was in school, I learned that the box colors from Walmart and such are not health for your hair. They have a metallic base in them so they don't last as long and they sometimes will leave a odd tinge to your hair. It's also hard for stylist to strip the color from your hair.I suggest going to a hair stylist or going to Sally's Beauty Supply and buying the color and a developer if you really want to color your hair.

Contributed by Shanna Herd

remember, dying your hair may be a way of making yourself look "more beautiful" but all in all, beauty is only skin deep

Contributed by Katie Connelly

very pretty hair.

Contributed by Iesha Liberato

vibrant colors!!

50 shades of purple lol jkjk.

Love the hair color and the playful crown :)

Contributed by Evelyn Philistin