Visual Encyclopedia

Hair

More posts about this topic

Ad

I think short hair on women can be absolutely beautiful. I was astonished at the backlash Miley Cyrus got from cutting her hair and finally becoming, as what she described, "herself." Her bold move should be applauded, not ridiculed. When did women get so adept at tearing each other down? Miley has rarely, is ever, ridiculed conservative women or their hairstyles, yet when she decides to take a new direction, the nastiness in others emerges. I'm not her #1 fan or a dedicated fan, I just like this new style she has and respect the fact that as a young woman she is staying true to her convictions and styling her hair and dressing the way she likes. We should applaud young women who break down preconceived notions of appearance for all women, one step at a time.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

This wikihow article details the baking soda method for rinsing chlorine out of your hair after swimming. I had to do it because my swimcap failed me :/. Remember to deep condition afterwards.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Here's some fun facts about hair!

Contributed by Emily Carnevale

Here is a slideshow from Daily Makeover, "20 Must-See Ponytails From Pinterest." I believe I am going to try out number 9, 11, or 13 for my interview!

Contributed by Cassie Leyba

Dat Bow

Contributed by Jeana Logue

A video from one of my favorite hair gurus, Naptural85! She has tons of tips for styling and caring for natural, African-American hair.

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

No Heat Headband Curls

Contributed by Jeana Logue

With the natural hair movement going on now, most African-American women want to go natural but don't know how to. "Go Natural" until now. Here's how to: TIP: You don't always have to do the big chop!!

Contributed by Simone Udeh

Have naturally curly hair? Here are some recommended ways to take care of your hair and keep it shiny moisturized! And keep away frizz!

Here us a slideshow from Daily Makeover on 10 Bun (Or Chignon) Styles that are cool and recommended!