Visual Encyclopedia

Fruit

More posts about this topic

Ad

The world is full of thousands of different types of fruit. Below is a list of fruit facts, videos, pictures and links that took me over 2 months to find and bring to you. I hope it inspires you to learn and try what nature has provided for us! Enjoy! =)

Contributed by Alyssa Green

Zig Zag Vine fruit has a slight acidic taste. The plant also attracts many species of butterfly in Australia.

Ziziphus jujuba or "Jujube" have been cultivated in China for over 4,000 years!

In 1926, nearly 21 years after this hybrid berry was produced, Youngberry made a modest introduction to northwestern states California, Oregon, and Washington. Some have described the taste a cross between red wine and raspberry.

This woman is brave! I don't know I would risk poisonous death by YEW!

The most hilarious and random video about yellow plums that could have ever been produced! I love the guy trying to eat it super cool.

When checking when Yellow Granadilla is ripe, it is important to check the firmness (not too hard and not mushy). If you cut it open and it has a sweet floral smell, you can almost bet the taste will be extraordinary.

Yantok is said to have an unpleasant sour taste to some. It is really known for it's unique wood. Check out this article I found on sometime in the near future we might use the wood in bone transplants!

Wood Apple has a bitter and sometimes mildly sweet taste. The extract of the bark has been used in cosmetic products as a natural UV ray protection from the sun.

Ripe Wongai is said to have the taste of a commercially-grown date. Natives of Australia have been known to use the leaves as an antidote for the bite of brown snakes.