Visual Encyclopedia

Fruit

More posts about this topic

Ad

Black Cherries have become popular in the last few years, having many uses. Check out this video. They are a lot smaller than I thought they would be.

Contributed by Alyssa Green

Black Apple or "Pouteria australis" is found in Australia. It's sweet flavor comes from the maggots usually found inside. That doesn't sound too appealing to me.

Bitter Melon may help stop pancreatic cancer naturally. For more click the link!

Biribi is commonly known as Rolinia has a sweet taste and can be used in tropical desserts.

Bilimbi prefer a tropical climate. The taste and texture can compare to a starfruit only more acidic.

Bilberry might help to improve your vision. Check out some other benefits of this cousin to the blueberry.

Bignay is considered by some a wild cherry found in the Phillippines and Southeast Asian countries. While usually eaten raw, it can be used in jams, jellies, and even wine.

Careful! While these bearberries are considered edible, I wouldn't eat too many. Overconsumption of these could cause nausea and dizziness due it's harmful toxins.

The Beach Plum is found in the Northeast U.S. It is one of three types of plums native to North America.

Batuan is also know by "Batwan" and can be found mainly in the Phillippines. Here is an article on this fruit used in Phillippine cuisine.