Visual Encyclopedia

Fruit

More posts about this topic

Ad

Eating one half cup of figs has the same amount of calcium as a half cup of milk. I guess figs are good for your bones!

Contributed by Alyssa Green

Finger lime has a crunchy texture with a tangy taste. Definitely on my list of things to try. Check out this article on this unique fruit.

Eating one half cup of figs has the same amount of calcium as a half cup of milk. I guess figs are good for your bones!

Fibrous Satinash can grow up to 15 meters high in the rainforest. The fruit has a very sour taste.

The pulp of Feijoa can be found in natural beauty products as an exfoliant.

False-Mastic is salt tolerant, can stand cold temperatures of about -6ºC and has a cheese-like odor.

Early Australian explorers not only ate Emu Berries, the also boiled them in water to make refreshing drinks.

Aboriginals traditionally picked then buried Emu Apples in the soil for three days before they was ready for consumption.

The oil extracted from Ebilica or "Indian Gooseberry" has shown to repair damaged hair, giving it more of a shine.

Food is just one of the uses for Elephant Apples. Check out the other uses it has in India.