Visual Encyclopedia

Flower

More posts about this topic

Ad

The corpse flower...a giant flower with deep red bloom and an awful smell (re: the name) . Attached is an article about a couple of these flowers fostered by Western Illinois University. The official name for this flower is Titan 3.

Contributed by Bridget LaMonica

Lilies come in so many different varies, this one happens to be taken at the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge in Florida.

Contributed by Olivija Daftartaite

Flowers taken in Lithuania...it's truly a beautiful sight to see how many flowers God has made, all so unique regardless of size.

Contributed by Olivija Daftartaite

Beautiful roses

Contributed by Carolin Cruz

Most flower (probably ALL flowering plants) have both female and male reproductive organs. The flower is practically the entire sexual organ because that is where reproduction begins and ends with.

Contributed by Stephanie Lopez

Flowers on cactus ... the desert is filled with life!

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

When my elementary school teacher retired, the whole 6th grade class pitched in to plant tons of orange marigolds in front of the school because it was her favorite type of flower :)

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

The state flower of Tennessee is the iris. I remember in 3rd grade my teacher let the class draw iris flowers outside for our state history lesson. Good times :)

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

Red flowers

Contributed by Jazmin Luna

flowers

Contributed by Jazmin Luna