Visual Encyclopedia

More posts about this topic

A Flat-Belly Workout That Only Takes 10 Minutes!

Contributed by Violetta Gir

Whoa, this is insane.

Contributed by Tori Griffin

Think Before You Eat

PLUS that exercise still won't make up for the nutrients you're NOT getting by consuming all those empty calories.

For anyone who hasn't heard of or tried this, it's a godsend. It comes in app form, too (the web and app versions sync together). It keeps track of your calories and exercise. Fill out a few questions (height, weight, age, activity level) and it will calculate the daily calorie intake necessary for your goals (lose weight, gain, maintain). There is also a super community of people all working toward becoming fitter and healthier. The forums are full of awesome tips and advice, and you can add friends to support you during your journey. I've been using this site for years now, and it has been ABSOLUTELY invaluable.

So often I see older women on the weight machines trying to burn the fat from their thighs or arms. The truth is, we don't get to choose where we burn our fat, our genetics do. Lifting weights can help tone and sculpt muscles, but it won't necessarily get rid of the fat from that area.

Contributed by Chloé Hagle

30-Minute Body-Weight Workout

30 minute workout at home without equipment.

Contributed by Karen Webb

John Romaniello is a personal trainer in New york, he has a lot of other creditians mentioned on his site.

Contributed by John Bruckerhoff

Everyone has that "problem area," find workouts to help it!

Just chose which part of the body you'd like to work on and this website gives you great workouts that specifically target that area!

Contributed by Kim Buzzard

We all do it

Contributed by Ashly Jerez

It does not matter when you start a fitness program, the point is that you start. I start every day, over and over again, but I'am making progress.

Contributed by Sapphire Stafford