Visual Encyclopedia

Feminism

More posts about this topic

Ad

This video speaks for itself.

Contributed by Nicole Jimenez

Proof Positive Men Can Be Feminists!

I find it so silly how there are some people out there who say feminists can't be men! Here is a beautiful quote by what many would call a beautiful man about beauty :)

Contributed by Tony Hart

"Raising boys feminists will hate"? How about, "Raising children who will feel self-conscious, inadequate, and confined by their genders, and who will harbor unfounded hatred for each other and for anyone who does not share the exact same viewpoint." Probably wouldn't look as good on the book cover.

Contributed by Tori Griffin

This article is important because it shows that while LGBT rights are taking an enormous step forward, women's rights are returning to a more regressive state. It's something that seriously requires attention, and this article proves it accordingly.

Contributed by Luis Cotto-Quinones

Pro-choice

Contributed by Bethany Boxx

What it means to be a feminist

Contributed by Bethany Boxx

The Spark Is Mightier Than The Skirt In high heels, I am powerful. Although my favorite blazer might not make it into the lab, I carry the feeling of it against my shoulders- back straight, head up, proud. Self-reliance, self-possession, and self-confidence are not only important, but fundamental. Too often young women have a lilt at the end of their voice, signaling that another has the ability to validate their statements. If words are spoken with self-assurance, they are owned. In Greek mythology, the heroes of epics have hamartia, or a fatal flaw. Often, stubbornness is seen as such. True, there is a point where one’s stubbornness belies the fact that another could be right. But stubbornness to be true to yourself, and live up to your full potential, should not have a limit. Today, many women feel the need to dress more like men; they subdue inner femininity to compete in a world of chrome and electricity. My spark is the need for who I am to show. I don’t need validation; I need awe. It is the need to show people that I can do more, and better, because that is who I am. Being a woman scientist (and doctor someday) exposes me to stereotypes that live well into this time. If you curl your hair just because it looks good, does this make you any less capable? I can paint my nails princess pink while explaining what exactly the protein PAD4 does to initiate NET sequences. In the comedy TV show “New Girls”, Zooey Deschanel puts it this way: “I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours…. But that doesn’t mean I’m not smart and tough and strong."

Contributed by Jessica Kalmazu Stimely

Feminism is not man hating! We just want equal rights! Lady Gaga on point.

Contributed by Alexa Esquivel

Will Smith Weighs In

Contributed by Alicia Kimberly Hauskins

History of women's suffrage

Contributed by Jackie Fernandez