Visual Encyclopedia

Feminism

More posts about this topic

Ad

Imagine

This was posted on a street in Germany.

Contributed by Caity Bell

There are a lot of people that don't believe in the wage gap. I hear arguments about it all the time so I'm really glad that BuzzFeed came up with this video. For anyone who doesn't understand a wage gap without this video, it should be easier now.

Contributed by Cheyenne Baker

This video makes me so happy, I wish I could meet this lady in person. Her whole performance is a comedic slap in the face to the patriarchy. *For anyone who doesn't care for her intro statements, the actual dancing begins at 1:50.

When this video started, I didn't like it that much but after around 15 seconds of singing, I realized I love it. It's witty and it's real and every woman who says they aren't a feminist should watch it because this video is undeniable.

Sarah Thomas

The NFL has hired Sarah Thomas as their first female full time official. She was also the first woman to officiate a NCAA bowl game in 2007 and 2009.

Contributed by Kyle McKee

We're all witches

I love this quote

Contributed by Katlyn Powers

Field Trip

Google's new app, Field Trip, allows users to to discover information about notable females and their achievements in certain locations as they walk around or search for information. The creators felt that history too often glossed over women's achievements and wanted to stymie this by disseminating mobile information.

Women Who Shaped Modern Physics

1. Marie Curie is the only person to have won Nobel prizes in two scientific disciplines 2. Only two women have won the Nobel prize in physics 3. Lise Meitner (picture above) developed the theory for nuclear fission 4. Emily Noether was lauded by Einstein as a creative mathematical genius 5. Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin discovered that the sun and other stars are made mostly of hydrogen.

Josephine Calavetta

In the1930s, Josephine Calavetta was working for Grant Photo Corporation. She managed a photo studio in New York and did very well as a colorist. She basically photoshopped before computers. However, she was denied a location transfer because the studio could only be “operated by a man.” Calavetta faced serious discrimination based on her sex, but went on at age 92 to graduate Valedictorian from her assisted living home. She passed away in 2012

I like the way this guy thinks...

Contributed by Savannah Bettin