Add an image or video to this topic
No signin required
More of the best postsLoading . . .
1. Extinction (heights, death)--to clarify, I don't believe this means the fear of what comes afterward (ie. hell) but rather the fear of complete non existence. The idea that there is something after death belies the idea of non existence. 2. Mutilation (losing a limb) 3. Loss of Autonomy (commitment) 4. Separation (jealousy--one may value one person over another) 5. Ego-death (failure, rejection) Most of our actions can be explained by admitting our fears. And as the article's author said, fear is information, and the more we can treat it as such, the easier it will be to confront fear.
Contributed by Lucy Zhang
I've recently had a car accident and ever since I am anxious to drive or be in a car. I s there any way to get a grip on this fear? Does it just subside on its own like everyone says? Do I need therapy or medication, and do they even help? I've rarely been fearful and have conquered scarier things than his in the past. Why is it so hard to recover from this?
Contributed by Kimberley Gonzalez
The amygdala is thought to be an essential component of fear, but new studies show that may not be the case.
Contributed by Sara Cornett
Why are things creepy? Some things make since for us to be afraid of, it is part of survival to be afraid of rattle snakes, but why should we be afraid of things like clowns which don't pose a threat to our survival. Unless the clown has fangs and a chain saw, then yeah you should run. This video explains that our fear is often triggered by ambiguity. Pretty interesting
Contributed by Kandi Smith
What is Sussle?
Sussle is the first, open visual encyclopedia. Anyone can use it.
What's a visual encylopedia?
It has beautiful images and viral videos that are way more fun than reading all the text in traditional encyclopedias.
5 reasons you should add your own images and videos:
- If you found Sussle interesting, then give back by adding something interesting for others.
- Help others learn in a fun way.
- Make someone else interested in this topic laugh or say wow!
- Become internet-famous as people like and share your post.
- It's super easy, so it won't take more than a minute.
Ready to start?
Just click on the red module above.