Visual Encyclopedia

Fact

More posts about this topic

Ad

Origin/inventors of clothes. Solid workmanship on the video.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

10 Movies inspired by dreams. Haha, Inception is the only one I saw coming. I was jolted awake in one of those surreal ways, from an extremely involved dream that could be a solid screenplay. It takes place in the volatile but exciting time when engineers and scientists were creating the sleek flying machines grossly caricatured in our day as "from the future." This film is reminiscent of the initially innocent creation periods of the Wright Brothers, Doc Brown, and H.G. Wells, marked by measured, crisp, awe-inspiring tests, but marred with the sinister jealousies and corruption of those around them. With their meddling wanton, the head creator's adult but privileged children nearly destroy the unsettling, too-perfect test city.

5 Famous Books Inspired by dreams. Hopefully the artistic ideas that constantly appear in my dreams will become a solid -- not necessarily famous -- book one day

Writers whose works were inspired by dreams. Steven King doesn't surprise me. Should we be worried for him? Of course, Maya Angelou.

Songs inspired by dreams. "You Found Me" by the Fray and "I Got A Feelin'" by the Black Eyed Peas inspired me.

These were rather disturbing but interesting scientific facts.

I didn't know left-handed women were at a higher risk for breast cancer; I also didn't know left-handed people excel at language, math, and music. Leftie facts!

Facts about death.

10 people you probably didn't know were Black

Ways to make money on the Internet.