Visual Encyclopedia

Dog

More posts about this topic

Ad

My smiling babies! (Daisy & Duke)

Contributed by Angela Loomis

Too cute!

Contributed by Angela Loomis

How to establish and keep your position as alpha pack leader of your house. This is important to make your dog obey you. Make no mistake, dogs are not babies, they are animals and have a mentality as such. You wonder why your dog doesn't come as called or is exhibiting bad behavior, well that's because it sees itself at dominant. I am currently following these steps to train my dog.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

You should NOT treat your dog like a human; that is making you appear as a weak pack leader, making your dog dominant.

Here are some tips for training your dog. Make sure you instruct in on how to heel, that is crucial.

How to properly walk your dog; don't let it run in front of you because you are its leader. If you're not its leader, its leading you.

This article explores the difference between training and reforming bad behavior in dogs. The key is to establish yourself and your family as pack leaders and not treating the dog like a human.

If your dog gets ear infections often, like my cocker spaniel, use hydrogen peroxide to help clean it out. Also, of course, go to your vet. Also, try to wipe the dog's ears clean every day even when the ears are not infected.

Try to have different hand signals for each trick you teach your dog. My hand signal for sit is a thumb tucked under the other 4 outstretched fingers. Stay is a palm-down open hand. Up and down are pointer fingers.

If your dog is coughing, these are some possible reasons. I looked this up because unfortunately, my old dog is hacking and I fear for her.