Visual Encyclopedia

Do it yourself

More posts about this topic

Ad

pallet table

cute way to take that old pallet and use it for something useful - a coffee table!!

Contributed by Alyssa Edwards

I'm addicted to mason jars and have collected many. I didn't know that I could tint my own mason jars. This method actually works, although it may take a couple tries to get it right. Such a cute way to transform the ordinary jar into a work of art.

Contributed by Chloé Hagle

A little Cup of Happiness:)

Why not start the day with something to make you happy? Recently I made my boyfriend a pair of mugs that looked similar to these. Adorable, YES. A pain in the bum, YES. You simply use sharpies to design the mug, then bake them for 10 mins on 450 degress (so I thought). The mugs design started coming off, so my advice would be to, after baking (once cooled), add a layer or two of mod podge to seal in the design! (make sure it's water resistant mod podge).

Contributed by Hannah Margaret Rebne

This is a cute way to get kids involved in doing things on their own.

Contributed by Mia Hillard

DIY Planter Boxes Tutorial

Supplies: Wood Wood Glue Nail Gun (opt.) Nails Hammer Stain/Paint Rag Paint Brush Knobs/Handles Click link below for tutorial.

Contributed by Karen Webb

Pallet Coffee Table

Click link below for tutorial

DIY: Reupholstered Dining Chairs

Click link below for tutorial.

DIY Pallet Headboard Tutorial

Click link below for tutorial

DIY Faux Bois Mirrors Tutorial

Materials: mirror (s) painter’s tape or contact paper exacto knife permanent marker Martha Stewart Glass Etch medium foam brush 3M frame strips Click link below for tutorial

DIY Woven Headboard from Upcycled Vertical Blinds

Supplies: four 1×4 pine boards, 60” long, corners mitered to 45 degrees two 1×3 pine boards, 53” long (measure the interior of your 60” frame for exact measurements) four flat corner brackets four flat straight brackets screws four squares cut from 1×4 remnants finishing nails wood stain foam brush rag two clamp work lights spray paint painter’s tape measuring tape vertical blinds 3/8” staples staple gun plaster or drywall screws with anchors drill Click link below for tutorial