More posts about this topic

Ad

a freedom dance

the purest movement

Contributed by Grace Miller

modern dancer

perfect lighting.beautiful pose.

This is a stunning piece- one of my favorites. The clean, precise movement fits perfectly on the dancer's bodies. Definitely my choreographic inspiration.

Does ballet expect too much from its dancers?

5 ft 5 inches translates to about 93 pounds for girls according to this height weight chart, which the internationally renowned Bolshoi Ballet follows. It's truly hard not to wonder if this is truly a safe thing to participate in and reminds us of the gruel and pain that go behind putting on those effortless looking movements on stage. But should anything be done about those arguably eating-disorder-conducive requirements? Can anything be done about it?

Contributed by Lucy Zhang

Dance group, 'The Company' performs absolutely incredible routine at a competition. Every move is so carefully choreographed, it's almost as if it's the direct visualization of the music itself.

Contributed by Kaitlyn Brielle

Dance

Dance is way to to find yourself and loose yourself......All at the same time.

Contributed by Tayla Viego

During our Filipino Festivities.. My lovely friends danced with me! And it was a blast. We were the BOMBS.

Contributed by Leah Marie Ingreso Venenoso

Taylor Swift

If you're here for dance, don't take advice from Tay! She's a great singer, but look at those awkward dance moves!

Contributed by Darby Oliver

Rated Next Generation (a dance crew composed of girls aged 11 to 13 years) performs on America's Got Talent in 2010. They performed a hip hop routine to "I Can Transform Ya"

Contributed by Darby Oliver