Visual Encyclopedia

Dance

More posts about this topic

Ad

To be a dancer is to share your story without speaking. Although writing is a way of expressing yourself in a blunt kind of way, dance is a way of expressing yourself symbolically. Dancing is a way of life. It's a sport that doesn't require one skill; it requires the skill of expression. To be a dance is to be open with your audience, and hoping they accept you.

Contributed by Samantha June Ellender

Check out this video of Rich Dubois who seems to be defying gravity. He was recently featured in a State Farm commercial doing his signature dubstep moves! Dubstep is a genre of electronic dance music that originated in South London, England. It emerged in the late 1990s. In recent years we've seen some pretty interesting dance moves in response to the fairly new music craze :)

Contributed by Atrice Alexis

A cool video combining tutting (dancing with ones hands) and animation.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

A beautiful video combining dance with animation.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Jaw dropping.

Contributed by Angela Loomis

Dance is a source of expression when you feel sad when your happy ect. its always there. When ever i feel like i have no one i dance. Its like i'm talking to someone when no one is there. So many emotions go into dancing, its like you can be you with no one judging you. It doesnt matter if your good or bad at it if you love doing something just do it. Dance to me is the questions left unasked and the words left unsaid. Dance is how i say what i feel. I dance because i refuse to let others hold me down and keep me from being who i want to be. Dance is my life. It is what i want to do for the rest of my life. Its what drives me to inspire others to follow there dreams and follow what they believe in. It all starts with a Dream.

Contributed by Teyana Watson

I know about 6 people in this video - 3 of them are dance teacers where I lve. Check it out! you'll be hooked!!

Contributed by Sarah Joy Blankenship

Ceroc is an International dance experience; a form of modern jive, it is an excellent way to have fun, meet new people and keep fit and healthy! Check out this website for more information:

Contributed by Sarah Joy Blankenship

This is my dance team's state routine my freshman year. It was the most emotional and heart- wrentching routine I have ever performed. To this day, four years later, the song still brings tears to my eyes.

Contributed by Dannii Moore

Warehouse District Dance

Contributed by Abbie Schmitt